Thursday, November 18, 2010

A little more personal

Lately I have been having weird dreams. I don't know if they are because I am working so hard our just stressed. One dream I can not get out of my head. I guess it had to do with something a good friend told me the other day. "A mouth can not be feed, if it doesn't open", that had me thinking but also it works this way as well. "A voice can not be heard if the mouth does not open". In my dream I was trying to express how i'm feeling towards someone, but they where so far away and there were so many obstacles. Instead of yelling out how I feel over all that was in front of me I figured she would never hear me. So I kept my mouth shut. I was disappointed in myself that here was a person I cared about and because I am looking at all these obstacles I was not making the effort to try. All of a sudden I could not take it anymore. I yelled out to her and one by one the obstacles started crumbling down. She heard me and I was able to tell her how I was feeling.


How many of us are keeping our mouths shut? God gave us a mouth for a reason. Not just to eat or breath, but to speak and spread his word. I'm guilty of it at times. I run into people all the time and I freeze up when I see the opportunity right there to spread God's love into someone who is in the dark. We have to learn and understand that people have been hurt, disappointed, mislead, and so many other things that make them build walls or put obstacles in front of them as protection. People are just waiting for those that have God's love to tell them that they do not have put up those walls or obstacles. 


Don't bypass people when they are reaching out. Sometimes just saying hi, how are you?, or even God bless you. May be that crack in there defense to see what God has for them. That dream I had hit me in two different ways. One is on how am I spreading God's love on how I feel about him to others. The second is my  current relationship with my girlfriend. Am I looking at all the obstacles and letting is disappoint me into expressing how I am feeling? My voice can not be heard if I don't open my mouth. 


I know I have walls. We all do. But don't shut out those close to you. God has a great plan for your life and if you keep those God has put before you, you are going to think you are alone and that you don't need anyone. The truth is God place people in our lives for a reason. wither its to help us grow, friendship, build a relationship, or even love. You just have to trust God and let go of your life. Let God take the wheel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment